Fall 2013-dark leaves

Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy Anniverserary!

Today is our 11th anniverserary.  We totally forgot until my mother-in-law called Brian this morning to wish us well.  I'd already left for work, so he sent me a text to say happy anniversary and that he loved me.  When I got to work, I realized I'd left the house without socks for me or a coat for Patrick (the windchill was in the 20s) or Catherine's lunch or a pillow for Sarah Frances's writer's workshop.

My dear husband brought it all, plus a card he picked up, to us on his way to class.  But not SF's pillow.  This is the second time she's forgotten, but I doubt now that there will be a third.

Then he came BACK toward the end of school with a GIFT!  A new pair of Marmot fuzzy wuzzy gloves for me!  I've needed those babies for about two years now.  He returned a shirt his mother sent him and bought me gloves instead.  Shhhhh--don't tell.  I don't think she reads this blog--do you Lilla?

I feel so loved.  And so.very.blessed.  Happy Anniverserary, Brian!  You will always be my most tangible gift of God's grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment