Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is tomorrow!!  Christ is come!!  What joy, what peace!!  And for such an undeserving, little old me.

When I consider that Jesus, creator of all things, came to Earth as helpless as my newborn nephew Pierce, it BLOWS my mind.  I mean...he held all things on Earth together but couldn't even hold his own head up.  And all for the purpose of sacrificing himself just 30-something years later for people who didn't understand or want his help.  Dying for me, who forgets him all the time but becomes a complete sloppy mess with gratitude and praise when I do.

And for this, for much more than just this, we celebrate tomorrow.  And it makes me want to literally dance.  It DOES make my heart dance and my eyes water and my arms reach for husband and kids.  And drop to my knees, weeping, before the goodness and holiness of my Savior.

So in response, I'm going to go serve my family right now by doing laundry, dishes, and cooking a fabulous meal so we can celebrate the coming of our King to save us for today, tomorrow, and forever.

And beg that he come back quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment