Fall 2013-dark leaves

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

God and (SEC) Football

"It's nice to think time will make us better Christians.  That just by waking up each morning, we're becoming the men and women God has called us to be, but I'm afraid time just makes us better fakers.  We learn the buzzwords.  We learn what we can get away with.  But that doesn't mean we are growing."
--Chad Gibbs in God and Football, Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC.

I wasn't expecting that from my easy, light beach reading.  It's true of me, except when I'm truly living in fellowship with other believers.  Then they call me on it.  Thank you to my friends and family who will call me on the carpet.  And thanks to Chad Gibbs, who has me weeping on the beach for the South  in general, because I love it deeply and struggle with it madly all in one big messy wad of emotions.

On another completely side note, please keep praying for us as we are looking for a call (job).  We need your prayers to sustain us as we wait.  Brian and I are both so eager to be serving a particular body/people...

No comments:

Post a Comment