Fall 2013-dark leaves

Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome Home

It's getting harder to come back to St Louis after being in Alabama.  I'm not sure I want to expound on that much right now, but I was surprised yesterday that the tears were so eager to fall.  Then this morning we woke up to snow.  My kids said, "But it turned spring on March 21!"  Yes, but the calendar doesn't control the weather.  Welcome home, dears.

We really did have a great time--dinners with all the family, Connor's soccer game, wonderful worship with our Faith Pres family, celebrating Lillian's birthday with an old-school Sunday night b'day dinner at the Browns that my parents came for, hiking and riding 4wheelers at my parents, playing in the sprinkler and riding bikes, fishing till we were sunburned with Dad (twice), Yogurt Lab, Krispy Kreme, CFA, a Mexican dinner, a lunch date with Brian to Mudtown in Cahaba Heights (we got the fried green tomatoes we'd been craving but missed at Christmas), and Granda's grilled burgers, new Easter shoes, playing at the parks, feeding the ducks, going through the car wash, discovering Urban Green, a play date at the Butlers, learning Madeline's cheerleading dances, playing hard with Andrew, being outside as much as possible because the weather was PERFECT...

We'll go back in July.

I've known re-entry would be hard.  It's just hard here, generally speaking.  But it makes breaks like this week so much sweeter.  It was a true blessing to my soul to rest and enjoy the time in Alabama.  Again, not sure what to do with that now, but I can say I'm more eager to go back than ever before.

2 comments:

  1. and we'll take you anytime we can get you! praying for a strong finish to the school year for all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you. You know, a buzz goes through the church when you've been sighted on a Sunday morning. Everyone is just as excited to see you and your sweet family as you are to be back :)

    ReplyDelete