Fall 2013-dark leaves

Sunday, January 6, 2013

February Girl Trip

So my friend Karen moved to Colorado in October.  We've said from the beginning, wouldn't it be great if I could go out to see her?

Well, God started working out the details last summer, months before she even knew she was moving.  We had planned to drive down to AL as a family in August, but I was going to need to come back to work at boot camp before the others needed to leave.  So I booked a one-way flight from Bham to STL for myself.  Non-refundable and non-transferrable.

Then I was able to quit boot camp and cancel the ticket.  But keep the credit with Southwest that was in my name only.

So I've got to fly SOMEWHERE or lose it, right?

Well, the weekend Karen invited me out in Feb actually works great for us here.  I thought I'd fly out after work on Friday and come back Mon. afternoon, giving me two and a half days there and losing only one day of work here.

But flying in the early morning on Friday saves more than the income I'd make by staying for work that day.  And I was already going to eat it for Monday and get a sub.  And my credit covered over half the cost of the flights.  And I already have the rest and some extra for spending tucked away in my jewelry box from extra work I did this fall.

So...bottom line...I get FOUR DAYS in Denver with my dear friend whose husband is going to be out of town.  In February.  It's going to be so beautiful.  And it's my second girl trip ever.  What sweet timing that God would provide this respite in a crazy season.

Let's all pray we're all healthy and nothing thwarts these best laid plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment