Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, September 12, 2011

Communication via Email

In this new season of life (fall '11) where everyone in the entire family is going to school, the two adults have four jobs, and three kids and an adult have a sports practice weekly, as well as a weekend full of games and meetings to prep for/lead, I am not finding time to blog.  I'm not able to remember what I want to blog about.  I'm not even able to remember who I had what conversation with, whenever and wherever it was.  It's a trade-off I'm glad for so far, partly because I expect things to settle down sooner than later.  I expect to get my feet back under me hopefully in another week or so, even if I never do catch up on the sleep I'm missing.

I did just have an idea to share though, on how I keep up with Brian in all this in a way that doesn't tax my brain any further.

We share an email address.  We are able to watch communications between him and others, me and others, and even email between him and me.  I am made aware of meetings he has, needs he can fill, things he doesn't need to forget, etc. by watching our inbox.  He does the same for me.  And since neither of us have smart phones, it's helpful in case an urgent email comes in because the person currently in front of the computer can call the other and update him/her.

The only tricky part is being sure to "mark as unread" the email that is meant for the other so it doesn't get overlooked by the intended receiver.

So if you need me--or him--or want me--or him--to remind him--or me--of something, just shoot me--or him--an email at briandreb@gmail.com.  See, it's BriAndReb.  No, that's not BrianDReb, in case you were wondering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment