Fall 2013-dark leaves

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh, no, I'm a FEELER?!?

I give in.  Well, I'm thinking about giving in.  I think I'm a closet F (feeler).  Good friends have been challenging me on this for a couple of years, and I'm succumbing to the truth about how God made me.  I think.

See, I've lived my whole life with a very high T (thinker) for a father and a husband, so I've expected myself to be one as well.  It's the way I've functioned in my relationships with them and others.  Emotions?  I didn't think I really had them, and if they snuck in the picture, I quickly stuffed them down before they got in the way of the task at hand.

No more.  Well, let's just say I'm more open to the idea of being a F.  Open enough to read about the differences between ENFJ vs. ENTJ.

And, lo and behold, if I'm not really more of an ENFJ.  Brian is going to die when he reads the part about affirmation.  It's our on-going conversation du jour.

Feelers are just so MESSY.  I don't have time or energy to be messy.  But apparently 30+ years of not feeling is catching up with me, and the stuffing is going to backfire.  Is backfiring.  I'm a complete mess more often than I care to admit, whether I like it or not.  My secret hope is that feeling the feelings will get them out of the way so I can go on functioning like a T.  How realistic can that possibly be?

No comments:

Post a Comment