Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, October 1, 2012

Boo--it's October!

I dread October.  Truly fear it.  We have a history, and it's not pretty.

Today a friend and I talked about Psalm 136.  The entire psalm alternates an event with the line "for his steadfast love endures forever."  Over and over, no matter where in the story, we are reminded that God's steadfast love endures forever.  That the events occur because his steadfast love endures forever. That the story's point at every turn is that his steadfast love endures forever.

This is true today also, as the story continues.  Even in October.  Every time October comes around.

So it's my prayer for this month, no matter whether it hits the fan this year or not.  I pray that I will remember momently, in the good and bad moments, that God's steadfast love endures forever.  And preface and end the prayer in thanks, just like the psalm.

Because he is forever worthy of my praise and gratitude, because of his steadfast love.

No comments:

Post a Comment