Fall 2013-dark leaves

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dinner: Banana Splits and Popcorn

I've been craving a banana split for over a week now.  Last night my sweet husband offered to go make a Sonic run and bring me one home after the kids were in bed.  However, I was too full of that yummy soup, and I declined.  I decided to not make that mistake again and to share the love with all the fam instead of keeping the secret ice cream for myself.

We all started with bananas (of course) and some combination of vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and vanilla frozen yogurt.

Topping options included: strawberries, pineapple, peaches, blackberries, raspberries, chopped peanuts, granola, chocolate chips, RediWhip, a sea salt caramel chocolate sauce, and (of course) maraschino cherries.

Two batches of popcorn were shaken in a pot on the stove and topped with some Kettle Corn yumminess.

It was so fun.  All the kids loved it (of course), and even Laura (our new housemate) and George (her fiancé) were enticed to come home for dinner.

Lillian kept saying, "Hey, Mom, thanks for the party!" :)

ps--don't ask me why I'm posting about what we eat for dinner.  I suppose because gives me something safe to say.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment