Fall 2013-dark leaves

Friday, August 23, 2013

Dinner: Taco Salad

1# ground beef
1 head iceberg lettuce
4oz sharp cheddar, grated
1/2 bunch green onions, diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 bag corn chips, crushed
1/2 - 3/4 bottle Catalina dressing

Brown the meat.  Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.  (I use 2 heads now for our very hungry family.) Top with next 6 ingredients.  Pour dressing over and toss well to coat.  I add the avocado after this step so it doesn't get mutilated when stirring the dressing.

Brian says this isn't really taco salad, but that's what we called it growing up.  I also call my kitchen Debbie's Diner like my mom did too.  Why mess with a good thing?  Because this is good.  Everyone loves it, and these days there are rarely leftovers.  (We used to eat it all weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment