Fall 2013-dark leaves

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bad Hair Day

I am so thankful that Brian is being intentional about coming home so I can get out alone. We have found that I do better in general when I get some alone time. And he's seeing how much it helps when I'm "better." So he's come home the last 2 Thursdays so I can escape for an hour or so.

And today was one of those days. :)

And I decided this morning I was going to use some of the money my parents shared with us when they left on Monday to go get a haircut. It's been a year and a half since I've paid for a haircut. My sister (a hair diva) has trimmed it for me. I have trimmed it for me. But it's been that long since I've had a real cut. Needless to say I was pretty pumped all day.

Unfortunately it's a bad cut. :( I mean, a really bad cut. You're not living up to your name, Great Clips, lol.

I think Brian can trim the rat tail off. And I know I have never been attractive because of my hair. Anyway, isn't it supposed to be that true beauty comes from the inside? That what attracts others to me is that I love them as Jesus would (as best I can)? I can do that with bad hair. In fact, if I do that well, they shouldn't notice my hair at all.

Now, I admit it would be nice to feel cute. At least it can still be pulled back into a pony-tail, and I feel like I pull that look off pretty well...I wonder what "cute" looks like in heaven? What does a heavenly haircut look like? Because bad hair is NOT the way it's supposed to be! :/

1 comment:

  1. Never fear--I cut off the rat tail myself! Not too shabby, if I say so myself.

    ReplyDelete