Fall 2013-dark leaves

Sunday, July 22, 2012

10 months and counting...

Brian told me it would be helpful to him if I sent out an email to all my girl friends asking them to keep their ears open for pastoral ministry jobs, so I thought I'd post the letter on my blog too.  I love helping him, and advocating for him.  He's going to be an amazing pastor--it's already sooooo exciting to watch him teach.  I can't wait to sit under his preaching too, someday!


Hello, ladies!  

I hope this finds you well.  We are enjoying the last few weeks of summer: wrapping up swim team for the older three, swimming lessons for Lillian, Brian's mission trip to London while the rest of us went to Dallas, and visits from various friends and family members.  I'm working on a newsletter with pics, and I'll send it to you as soon as it's done.

But the point of this note is (with Brian's encouragement) to inform and remind everyone who might care to know that this is our last year of seminary.  Brian will graduate with his MDiv this coming spring, May 2013.  What, you may wonder, does this have to do with you?

Will you please be our eyes and ears this year?  If you know of or hear of any opening for pastoral ministry in the PCA, we would love to know about it.  It seems most jobs are not posted on job boards or advertised online because of the deluge of applications.  More often than not it takes knowing someone to find out a job is even available.

So I'm humbly asking for help.  First and foremost, please pray with us.  We are asking God with great hope to provide a job that's a healthy fit for our family that would start early next summer, for a smooth transition to whatever is next for us and the kids, and for freedom from anxiety as we anticipate whatever is next.  (That last one is mostly for me, hee hee.)

Secondly, just let us know if you hear of anything.  An email (briandreb@gmail.com) or phone call would be awesome.  And, if you don't mind, let others know you have a friend who is looking so they can let you know too.

As always, we would be privileged to pray for you if you have anything you'd like to share.  We love praying with and for our brothers and sisters.

Happy Sunday afternoon!  Hope you're enjoying a restful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment