Fall 2013-dark leaves

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Half Way Home

Mary Martha and I took the kids to Dallas for a long weekend and just arrived home tonight after a 12 hour drive. (Brian is away on a mission trip-more later on that.) It felt like we would never ever get home, but the delirium provided a series of unrelated and hilarious interactions. I wish I could remember them all. Comments appreciated, MMA.

Dallas was a huge hit. We stayed with my brother, his wife and their 19 month old daughter. Also there were my sister and bil, and our parents. Crazy, but lots of fun. Our days were packed going to a water park, a Rangers game, and Legoland. Their neighborhood pool is also a half block away, which provided excellent entertainment for us all.

Right now I am exhausted. Utterly and completely. I've poured a margarita to sip on while watching a Doris Day movie on Netflix. There's nothing like a 12 hour road trip to make me appreciate all things home.

Now to get my other half here too. He flies in Monday night. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment