Fall 2013-dark leaves

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Language on the playground

Yesterday evening we were on the playground at Des Peres park for a good hour.  It was beautiful--warm in the sun and hot if you were running around, but a cool breeze helped if you sat for a bit in the shade.  A bit, lol.  Anyway...the playground is on a pond.  There are sidewalks looping around it, the numerous soccer, softball, and baseball fields, and pavillions, where moms were pushing strollers and kids were riding their scooters.

While we were waiting for Brian to meet us there and all the kids were busy running around, I had a moment to sit by myself and listen.  Sometimes I do that with the kids--randomly ask them what do they hear.  Last night I heard birds, wheels on concrete, laughter, squealing, arguing (of course it wasn't my kids), and squeaking of the swings.  But what struck me most was that I heard at least 3 languages being spoken among all the people there.

So I thought what a beautiful representation of what it will be like in heaven, where every tribe, tongue, people and nation will be represented.  Everyone enjoying the beauty, the comfortable weather, laughter and playing (sans arguing, right?), and lots of languages.  I'm guessing I'll be able to understand everyone though.  Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment