Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, July 11, 2011

Flying and Decorating

I've signed up for Flylady again.  It's been YEARS since I followed her, and honestly I can't remember why I stopped.  She's all about decluttering and deep cleaning (eventually).  But her mantra is Baby Steps!  And if you follow her instructions, in a few months the house is spit-spot.  Really.  All the emails (probably why I quit) can be overwhelming, but I've signed up this time for one big email a day.

Also, my friend Michelle came over this morning to help me unpack in an organized way.  Now that I've emptied and stored more boxes and hung some things on the walls that belong to us, this place is starting to look more like home.  I would actually like to spend time in the living room now, despite the burgundy red border that exactly matches the couch that won't fit through the basement door and which coordinates with the wallpaper in the dining room.  Lori will be here tomorrow.  I hope we can tackle the office.  Pics to come.  (I mean it.)  This affirmation-needy attempting-decorator is so grateful for their help!

1 comment:

  1. I recently started using flylady. I love it! I made it so I only get one email a day from her with the daily "flight plan". it is great! Can't wait to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete