Fall 2013-dark leaves

Thursday, July 21, 2011

We're Good

...by the way.  I know I've not updated the blog in a while.  I've been driving to swim practice 30min. one way and going to swim meets and unpacking and cleaning and straightening and swimming for fun and finding our new library and playing with neighborhood kids, etc.

But I met with MMA, our house-mate/room-mate/boarder/dear friend/newest-family-member, for coffee this morning and acknowledged how much "better" I am now than I've been in a long time.  Priorities are shifting and settling back down.  I'm as busy as ever but more able to enjoy the days.  I'm more out of control of my people and my circumstances, but more at peace with that.  Maybe that's it--I'm more at peace with my life than I have been for a while, also acknowledging that I didn't know I was so discontent to begin with. 

God is teaching me to be honest with myself about the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I'm learning a deeper humility and finding a deeper comfort and contentment in my circumstances and a greater freedom to be me.  The me He created me to be (this is the good!) in the places where I will most glorify Him.

Sorry so heady.  All this to say...I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment