Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, July 11, 2011

Silent Words

Still no voice.  Going on day 5.  I thought I was getting better (eye and throat not as bad), but now it looks like I have an ulcer on my tonsil.  Painful!

My thoughts now are what the Lord is able to teach me in my required silence.  "Quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger" keeps coming to mind.  Also to "be still and know that I am God," since I can't pick up the phone and call whomever comes to mind.  To PRAY for them vs. talk with them.  To examine the words I'd like to say (too often critical and angry) and be thankful at least the hearer is spared.

It's also a new lesson that controlling the tongue = controlling your mind, that words are in my head even if they don't come out of my mouth.  And gratitude that words of praise are still heard by my Father.  Like I said, we've been talking more lately since I can't talk to anyone else...

But I start a new camp in about an hour.  I need my voice!  I need sleep too--maybe another 30, if I'm lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment