Fall 2013-dark leaves

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day Off

I'm taking a real day off.  At least it feels like it.  Brian is home because the bilzzard warning was serious enough for us to get a text last night during dinner that classes were cancelled for today.  He and I work so well together in the house, that although I'm still moving laundry and straightening up, it doesn't feel like work because at the same time he's working too, making pancakes for everyone then completely cleaning up the kitchen.  The kids get into the swing of it too, so it's no big deal to tell them we're doing a 30 minute clean-up and send them off to do their particular job.  So now, when I rip off my friend Becky's idea, we can really enjoy playing together because all the work is actually done.

I asked each child what they wanted to do together as a family on this snow day.  Sarah Frances wants to play the Wii, Catherine wants to make Mystery Bars, Patrick wants to play Apples to Apples, Jr, and Lillian wants to play hide and seek.  Oh, and Brian wants to sing.  Great ideas!  Great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment