Fall 2013-dark leaves

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Monumental Day

It is 8:04.  I have decided just now to let my 7yo and 8yo stay outside without me and play with a neighborhood friends in the dusk of the evening.  The police are also out, doing a meet-and-greet at the corner 2 houses down where we've been hanging out with our neighbors for an hour already, so I feel pretty good about it.  They have to come in when the popos leave, whether it's been 2 min or 20.

Brian is not here to affirm that this is the right decision.  They love this friend, Brooklyn, and she wanted them to stay out.  Usually it's the other way around.  So the girls are giddy on 2 fronts: that Brooklyn is eager to play with them (she's 11yo) and that I let them stay out by themselves and be responsible for when they come in.

Big points for me, right?  At least in their view.  I figure as long as the police are there they're safe, right?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment