Fall 2013-dark leaves

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too Much

I've done it again.  We knew it was going to be a lot, but I was comfortable.  Life wasn't too much at the time.  So I said yes to too many good things.  It's not good for me, and it's not good for my family.  The house is a wreck and closing in on us.  The girls aren't getting enough teaching time from me.  And I'm so tired I can't help but fall asleep in the afternoons.

See, if I'd decided to do Seminary Chicks (which meets twice a month in the evenings), I couldn't have done the Barrs' Children's Lit class (which meets weekly) because they meet on the same night.  I'd also not be doing the weekly Apples of Gold because my "Bible study and relationship" needs would already be fulfilled by Sem Chicks.  Bottom line, instead of having a twice monthly meeting, I've committed this fall to being out every Monday and Tuesday night till 9:30pm.  With church activities flanking that on Sun and Wed, it makes for TOO MUCH.  In my defense, it's all in the name of "getting Mom out of the house and free for a bit."  I'm all for that!

I'm learning though.  I'm seeing that I'm NOT CAPABLE of doing "this much" well.  It hurts this pridefully independent and stubborn girl to admit that.  But I'm learning to acknowledge my weaknesses and that it's not giving in to them when I say I can't do something.  It's protecting my sanity and my family. 

Somebody recommmended the book Margins to me to help me think through the importance of having not every minute scheduled in the day, etc.  But I haven't had time to read it. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment