Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, June 6, 2011

Promotion Commotion

This Sunday was Promotion Sunday at our church.  Sarah Frances is in a 3rd and 4th grade class now, which seems strange because that's the age of Mary Claire Gurley, Joanna Hotten, Katie Hood, Laura Herren, Izzy Smoke, and all the other girls who were in the 3rd and 4th grade SS class that we taught at Faith just before we left Birmingham.  But those are BIG girls--I'm sure my child isn't old enough to be in that class.  But she is.

And Catherine is in the 1st and 2nd grade class.  Wow, I think she's a lot older than she is.  When I look at those kids, they seem like babies.  I really should remember she's not any bigger than they are.  Cause she's not.

(How can both of these things be true at the same time?  That one child seems too young and the other too old.  Something is wrong here.)

And Patrick?  Well, he went straight to his class and I didn't check on him so I don't know yet...

Lillian is in the 3yo class.  That means she's no longer in the nursery.  That means we are to pick her up after SS is over and she goes to worship with us.  That means I don't pick her up from the nursery after worship.

That means we are through with the church nursery.  Holy-moly!  It's been almost 9 years since we've not had a little one in the nursery.  I seriously wasn't sure what to do after worship.  Was I supposed to just go straight to my car and leave with all my brood since there was no necessary stopping along the way?  I guess we'll still be making a long stop at the playground for a while, so I can visit with other mommas there vs. in the hallway at pick-up...  Crazy, I tell ya.  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment