Fall 2013-dark leaves

Monday, January 24, 2011

Accountability

Last night I asked a friend who is older than me, a woman, mother of teens and college kids, wife of a pastor, and paid worker (not at home, although that's where she'd prefer to be) to hold me accountable to be in the Word because that's the only thing that's going to change my hard, bitter heart.  She confessed she's been more inconsistent during this time in her life than ever before, so we're going to text each other daily that we've been faithful to read and pray.  To get the ball rolling.

So this morning I woke up at 4:30am, hot (haven't been hot since August), and wide awake.  This wasn't my planned time to read and pray, but it seems God is providing it.  And it's quiet.  And I'm alone.  And thankful.

Maybe he'll provide a nap later too.

No comments:

Post a Comment