Fall 2013-dark leaves

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Getting Out and Cleaning Out

I think going out early in the morning makes for a long afternoon.  It's been a busy day, and I can't believe it's only 2:53pm.  Feels like 6:30.  Good thing it's not though, because I don't have a plan for dinner yet.

Sarah Frances and I went to Kaldi's for breakfast this morning.  Then all 4 kids and I went to the Science Center with Marne and her 4 kids.  We got tickets to the 10am discovery room--very fun.  She and John Halsey were planning on taking their kids to a children's violin performance at noon to see if they would be interested in playing, so I offered to keep her 2 younger if she'd take my 2 older.  It was a good swap; everyone enjoyed where they were.  Then when they picked up McIver and Slade, she left Halsey with me and took Catherine.  They've been playing the wii and riding Patrick's skateboard, alternately, for the last hour and a half, and I've been cleaning out. 

See, we helped a new seminary family from Bham move in yesterday, and I was inspired to simplify our home.  The thought of moving everything in this house again freaks me out.  And while we were at the Science Center, Brian was here looking all over for Catherine's brand new North Face jacket she got for Christmas, getting more and more frustrated at the amount of stuff in this house.  We found the jacket, and another new inspiration for cleaning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment